- As though the turtles’ lives aren’t already strange enough, “Krang War” brings them up to speed on Utroms’ invasion and war with Neutrino.
- And they accidentally get themselves teleported into the middle of a fight between Krang and the Neutrino resistance, leaving them to join the fight while their disappearance renders their friends shellshocked.
- All in all, Eastman and Waltz’s fifth arc successfully moves Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles into a new act by enlarging their stage and contextualizing the relationship between threats new and old.
- Bates takes over art duties for this volume, bringing a fantasy sensibility to Neutrino’s designs; Pattison’s colors keep the series visually and tonally consistent.
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Vol. 5: Krang War (#17-20)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The Darkness Within (#13-24)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The IDW Collection, Vol. 2 (#13-20; Casey Jones, April, Fugitoid, Krang, and Baxter Stockman; The Secret History of the Foot Clan #1-4)
Writers: Kevin Eastman & Tom Waltz | Artist: Ben Bates | Colorist: Ronda Pattison | Letterer: Shawn Lee