- “Careless Whisker(s)” picks up where the last volume left off, with Hellcat, Jubilee, and Ian trying to take down Black Cat.
- Only, now Black Cat has mind control on her side and is targeting Patsy’s friends and employees.
- Then, the personal stresses take their toll on Hellcat: she catches a cold, and every time she sneezes, reality warps.
- Watching Patsy tend to her mental health is the most fascinating part of this trade and an engaging, unique way to wrap up a series about a character trying to redefine herself and connect with others.
- Williams and Rosenberg’s art is as fun and expressive as ever, and Foggy Jubilee is adorable.
If you’re into funny, character-driven books and looking for a comic that focuses on representation, friendship, and mental health, you should check out this whole Hellcat run.
- Patsy Walker, A.K.A. Hellcat!, Vol. 3: Careless Whisker(s) (#13-17)
Writer: Kate Leth | Artist: Brittney L. Williams | Colorist: Rachelle Rosenberg | Letterer: VC’s Clayton Cowles | Covers: Brittney L. Williams (13-14, 16-17), Elsa Charretier & Tamra Bonvillain (#15) | Assistant Editor: Kathleen Wisneski | Editor: Jake Thomas