And with this, we reach the end of Brian K. Vaughan and Adrian Alphona’s time with the Runaways.
- The team mourns, and it gets ugly.
- This includes bad decisions, uncomfortable* insults and infighting, and possible ritual sacrifice.
- And everyone has to work through their grief while fighting literal nostalgia that is attacking LA.
- Norton’s lines make a strong showing, especially when it comes to his nostalgia monster, and Alphona, Yeung, and Strain cross with solid art.
On the off chance that you were waiting to see if all of Brian K. Vaughan and company’s Runaways is worth reading, then you have your answer now: yes.
* There are a couple of transphobic insults in here that feel very out of place.
- Runaways, Vol. 7: Live Fast (#19-24)
- Runaways: The Complete Collection, Vol. 3 (#19-30, Civil War: Young Avengers & Runaways #1-4, Secret Invasion: Runaways/Young Avengers #1-3)
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan | Pencillers: Mike Norton (19-21), Adrian Alphona (22-24) | Inker: Craig Yeung | Colorist: Christina Strain | Letterer: VC’s Randy Gentile | Covers: Jo Chen | Assistant Editors: Daniel Ketchum, Sean Ryan, Nathan Cosby | Editor: Nick Lowe