Gather ye round and prepare to hear the daunting tale of Sigurd Jarlson!
- Thor’s back on Midgard* and now 100% less old man!
- Now he’s a construction worker! And to hide his identity, Nick Fury gives him a pair of glasses! And a ponytail!
- Why doesn’t he get a haircut, you ask**? BY ODIN’S BEARD, ALL YOUR ASGARDIAN COIFFURE QUERIES SHALL BE ANSWERED!
- Things happen that don’t involve Thor’s sartorial choices and hairstyles; I guess if you’re more interested in dragons or old vikings with a death-wish, then those parts are probably more important to you.
- The real fun here is Walter Simonson’s bombastic art (with bright and bold colors from Steve Oliff if you’re reading the recolored edition I am).
This is the Thor to go to for goofy, old-school Thor antics. It has the usual wordiness of its era, but that suits Asgardians.
* In honor of the fastidious editorial boxes in this era’s Thor comics, I must inform you that Midgard = Earth.
** He could shave his head, I guess, but then he’d be balder…and that’s the other guy!
- The Mighty Thor by Walter Simonson, Vol. 1 (#337-345)
- Thor Visionaries: Walter Simonson, Vol. 1 (#336-348)
- Thor by Walter Simonson Omnibus (#337-355, #357-369, #371-382; Balder the Brave #1-4)
Writer/Artist: Walter Simonson | Remastered Coloring: Steve Oliff & Olyoptics | Letterer: John Workman | Covers: Walter Simonson & Steve Oliff | Editor | Mark Gruenwald