I just realized that Nextwave describes itself as a book about, “pirate superheroes.” How can you not want to read about pirate superheroes?
- The second (and sadly final) arc of Nextwave is just a absurd and hilarious as its first.
- We do get answers about who is pulling the terrorist strings behind H.A.T.E.
- That answer is equal parts adorable and terrifying.
- I don’t normally comment on covers here, but there is a Civil War tie-in cover that made my week.
- Stuart Immonen, Wade Von Grawbadger, Dave McCaig, and Paul Mounts’s art remains bright and dynamic.
This is one of the best super hero comedy books to ever exist, and if you don’t read it, you’re missing out. I would love for there to be more, expecially if the same team made it happen.
- Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E., Vol. 2: I Kick Your Face (#7-12)
- Nextwave: Agents of H.A.T.E.: The Complete Collection (#1-12)
Writer: Warren Ellis | Artist: Stuart Immonen | Inker: Wade Von Grawbadger | Colorists: Dave McCaig with Paul Mounts | Letterers: Chris Eliopoulos & VC’s Joe Caramagna | Assistant Editor: Sean Ryan | Consulting Editor: Make Marts | Editor: Nick Lowe