Despite being a separate mini-series with a different title, Secret Six picks up right where Villains United left off.
- The Six fend off and investigate retaliatory assassination attempts on their members in following their war with the Society.
- This book has two modes: a heartwarming tale of an unlikely family protecting one another and enough sex and violence to make the ‘90s take notes.
- It also makes an interesting distinction between Good vs. Evil and Noble vs. Ignoble.
- And Simone’s writing remains funny while all of this is going on.
- Walker, Palmiotti, and Mounts’s art is good-looking, fun, and over-the-top.
If I had any doubt whether I was interested in following Secret Six after Villains United, then this first arc removes it. I’m in for the long haul.
- Secret Six: Six Degrees of Devastation (#1-6)
- Secret Six: Villains United (#1-6; Villains United: Infinite Crisis Special #1, Secret Six 2006 #1-6)
Writer: Gail Simone | Artist: Brad Walker | Inker: Jimmy Palmiotti | Colorist: Paul Mounts | Letterer: Travis Lanham