You’re just in time for the adventures of the happy-go-lucky Matt Murdock.
- The second volume of the Mark Waid-penned Daredevil sees Matt dealing with the fallout of stealing the Omega Drive from…well, all the organized bad guys.
- This brings him into Spider-Man’s world (and Black Cat’s arms).
- He also has to deal with the Mole Man stealing bodies from NYC graveyards, including his father’s.
- I continue to Dig Murdock’s devil-may-care attitude as he tries to stay upbeat; even more, the cracks that begin to show are fascinating.
- And don’t let the big art team fool you: this remains a great-looking comic.
- The visual MVP is Javier Rodriguez, whose colors not only look amazing but unify the book’s look.
This Daredevil run remains something to check out, especially if, like me, Matt’s world tends to be more dark and depressing than you always want to read.
- Daredevil, Vol. 2 (#7-10, 10.1, Amazing Spider-Man #677)
- Daredevil by Mark Waid, Book 1 (#1-10, 10.1, Amazing Spider-Man #677)
- Daredevil by Mark Waid Omnibus (#1-27, 10.1, Amazing Spider-Man #677, Avenging Spider-Man #6, The Punisher #10)
Writer: Mark Waid | Penciller: Paolo Rivera (7, 9,10), Emma Ríos (ASM #677), Kano (8), Khoi Pham (10.1) | Inker: Joe Rivera (7,9,10), Emma Ríos (ASM #677), Kano (8), Khoi Pham (10.1) | Colorist: Javier Rodriguez | Letterer: VC’s Joe Caramagna | Covers: Paolo Rivera, Humberto Ramos & Edgar Delgado, Marcos Martin | Assistant Editor: Ellie Pyle | Editor: Stephen Wacker