- After the events of Secret Invasion*, Tony and Maria are out at the now-mothballed S.H.I.E.L.D., and Norman Osborn wants all of their secrets and equipment for H.A.M.M.E.R.
- Meanwhile, Stark Industries is in rough shape, with Pepper overseeing chopping it up and shutting it down for Tony.
- And Tony can no longer use Extremis to control his most up-to-date suits or access the hard drive of government secrets in his head.
- That’s okay, though, because he has a solution: reformatting his brain and leaving himself a vegetable to keep Norman Osborn from getting his hands on those secrets—which include the Superhero Registratoin database.
- Suffice it to say, Fraction is putting Tony and friends through the paces, and it’s riveting.
- Larroca and D’Armata’s art is sleek and clean and a great fit for the story.
* You should probably read (or at least be familiar with) Secret Invasion before jumping into this arc.
- The Invincible Iron Man, Vol. 2: World’s Most Wanted, Book One (#8-13)
- The Invincible Iron Man Omnibus, Vol. 1 (#1-19)
Writer: Matt Fraction | Artist: Salvador Larroca | Colorist: Frank D’Armata | Letterer: VC’s Joe Caramagna | Assistant Editor: Alejandro Arbona | Editor: Warren Simons