- Marcus, Maria, and Saya plot to cover up their exploits from the last arc.
- This takes them to war with a gang of racist, drug-addict rednecks.
- Remender’s second arc is full of brutality, depression, anxiety, mania, self-destruction, and bodily fluids of all kinds.
- Wes Craig and Lee Loughridge fill the world with clean, muted lines and colors that match remender’s tone; my favorite moment is one of Marcus at a party, leaning into the gutter between panels, the ultimate wallflower.
If you’re up for brutal, stomach-churning, anxious, seemingly personal writing set against the 1980s, then Deadly Class is worth a read.
- Deadly Class, Vol. 2: Kids of the Black Hole (#7-11)
Writer: Rick Remender | Artist: Wes Craig | Colorist: Lee Loughridge | Letterer/Designer: Rus Wooton | Editor: Sebastian Girner