- “Curse of the Demon” brings Fatale back to where it began: the present of 2014.
- Jo is tired of running and hurting and hurting other people, so she decides to stand and fight.
- That means a reunion with Nick—and a lot of blood and death and insanity.
- This arc sees Brubaker occasionally break with the noir stylings that have characterized the series so far as the story’s more otherworldly elements—and answers—come into focus.
- Phillips and Breitweiser also get to change up their styles for this arc, and the results are stunning.
If you like Brubaker, Phillips, and Breitweiser’s work, or if you like eldritch horror, read Fatale.
- Fatale, Vol. 5: Curse the Demon (#20-24)
- Fatale: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2 (#11-24)
Writer: Ed Brubaker | Artist: Sean Phillips | Colorist: Elizabeth Breitweiser