- Mark Grayson is having a tough week.
- First, a couple dozen of his closest evil doppelgängers show up to wreck shop and ruin his rep.
- Since Invincible is one of the strongest heroes in the world, the merciless merc Marks do some serious damage to Earth and its heroes.
- And if that’s not enough, while Mark deals with the fallout, a Viltrumite shows up to make him report in.
- Ottley, Rathburn, and Plascencia are the stars of this arc, translating Kirkman’s script full of fights, blood, and violence into smooth, flowing smoothly and clearly.
Some arcs of Invincible are relatively quiet. This is not one of those arcs. This is one of the most brutal, bloody crucibles in the series so far.
- Invincible, Vol. 12: Still Standing (#60-65)
- Invincible Ultimate Collection, Vol. 6 (#60-70, Invincible Returns #1)
- Invincible Library Collection, Vol. 3 (#48-70, The Astounding Wolf-Man #11, Invincible Returns #1)
- Invincible Compendium, Vol. 2 (#48-96, The Astounding Wolf-Man #11, Invincible Returns #1)
Writer: Robert Kirkman | Penciller: Ryan Ottley | Inker: Cliff Rathburn | Colorist: FCO Plascencia | Letterer: Rus Wooton | Editor: Sina Grace