- It’s the X-Men versus the Shi’ar Empire as Cassandra Nova’s plans come to a head.
- But, uh…they all have the flu.
- And Professor Xavier is dying from everything.
- Oh, there’s also a cadre of press onsite for Jean’s conference about the school.
- In other words: it’s another Tuesday.
- Morrison’s New X-Men continues to tap into body horror as a theme, and it makes for a successful driving force in his narrative.
- The artists on this arc all do excellent work, but they have fairly distinct styles from each other, and that can be a bit distracting despite the overall quality.
This run on New X-Men is quickly becoming one of my favorite X-books.
- New X-Men, Vol. 1: Imperial (#122-126)
- New X-Men by Grant Morrison Ultimate Collection, Book 1 (#114-126, Annual 2001)
Writer: Grant Morrison | Artist: Frank Quitely (122, 126), Ethan van Sciver with Tom Derenick (123), Igor Kordey (124-125) | Inkers: Tim Townsend, Rich Perrotta, Sandu Florea, Danny Miki | Coloist: Hi-Fi Design (122-125), Brian Haberlin (126) | Letterers: Richard Starkings & Comicraft’s Saida | Assistant Editor: Pete Franco | Editor: Mark Powers