- This arc of Fatale returns to Jo’s and Nick Lash’s stories after the last volume’s interludes.
- Things are not looking great for either one of them—Jo has amnesia, and Nick is in jail.
- Jo—calling herself Jane Doe—winds up living with a band and cutting loose with their members; unfortunately, cutting loose is the last thing she wants to do.
- Brubaker gives this arc the sense that the noose is closing, which makes sense given that there’s only one more to go.
- I am running out of ways to say that Phillips and Breiteiser’s art is beautiful, unearthly, and moody.
If you’re not reading Fatale, why not?
- Fatale, Vol. 4: Pray for Rain (#15-19)
- Fatale: The Deluxe Edition, Vol. 2 (#11-24)
Writer: Ed Brubaker | Artist: Sean Phillips | Colorist: Elizabeth Breitweiser