I was in the mood today for something I knew I’d like. Invincible seemed like a safe bet since I’m into double-digit volume numbers.
- This volume serves two purposes: exploring Mark’s new relationship and setting up a bunch of things that look like they’ll go badly for Mark in terrible ways.
- There was one disappointing thread involving an old character showing back up just for a partner abuse plotline, which I’m pretty sure is going to escalate into something fridgey soon.
- This arc also includes an Astounding Wolf-Man crossover; this happens smoothly, and I never would have assumed it wasn’t part of Invincible proper if I hadn’t known.
- Ottley, Howard, Rathburn, and Plascencia’s art looks great, balancing cartoony and gory moments in a traditional superhero style.
If you’re already ten volumes into a book, do you really need me to keep telling you to keep reading it? And if you haven’t read it, start at the beginning and enjoy the twenty-something volumes ahead of you.
- Invincible, Vol. 11: Happy Days (#54-59, Astounding Wolf-Man #11)
Writer: Robert Kirkman | Pencillers: Ryan Ottley, Jason Howard | Inker: Ryan Ottley, Cliff Rathburn | Colorist: FCO Plascencia | Letterer: Rus Wooton | Covers: Ryan Ottley & FCP Plascencia