Hey, look who’s back! It’s the Runaways!
- In fact, the kids are back in LA after their field trip to NYC.
- This time, instead of fighting to avoid their futures, they end up tangling with the past.
- That includes a new Pride with an old face at the helm.
- That simple thematic change makes a world of difference—seeing the Runaways deal with the consequences of their mistakes makes for an arc that is much more tense.
- Alphona, Yeung, and Strain’s art remains solid.
As usual, you should be reading Runaways. Although, this is not the arc to start with. I’d go back to the beginning.
- Runaways, Vol. 6: Parental Guidance (#13-18, FCBD 2006 X-Men/Runaways #1) [This will be back in print in September.]
- Runaways: The Complete Collection, Vol. 2 (#1-18, FCBD 2006 X-Men/Runaways #1)
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan | Penciller: Adrian Alphona (13-18), Skottie Young (FCBD) | Inker: Craig Yeung | Colorist: Christina Strain (13-18), Skottie Young (FCBD) | Letterer: VC’s Randy Gentile | Covers: Marcos Martin | Assistant Editor: Nathan Cosby | Editors: Mackenzie Cadenhead, C.B. Cebulski, Nick Lowe