It’s time for the Runaways to take their show on the road.
- On the lam after someone has framed him for assaulting Dagger, Cloak turns to the Runaways to clear his name.
- That takes them to NYC, where they split up to eat sushi, hang out with Spider-Man, and smooch people they shouldn’t.
- That’s…probably going to be a thing later, I would bet.
- This arc spends time on character development rather than high-stakes plot; it might be my favorite so far because of that.
At this point, Runaways is a well-oiled machine. Vaughan, Miyazawa, Alphona, Strain, and company have been doing this a while and work well as a team. If you haven't given it a try, you should. It'll give you a new comic to read and a new TV show to look forward to.
- Runaways, Vol. 5: Escape to New York (#7-12)
- Runaways: The Complete Collection, Vol. 2 (#1-18, FCBD 2006 X-Men Runaways #1)
Writer: Brian K. Vaughan | Artists: Takeshi Miyazawa (7, 8), Adrian Alphona (9-12) | Colorist: Christina Strain | Letterer: VC’s Randy Gentile | Covers: Chris Bachalo & Tim Townsend (7, 8), Jo Chen (9,10), James Jean (11-12) | Assistant Editor: Nathan Cosby | Editors: MacKenzie Cadenhead, C.B. Cebulski, Nick Lowe