Some books make for good late-night reading when you get home from the second night of tech week. Some books make for weird late-night reading when you get home from the second night of tech week. ODY-C straddles the line between the two.
- To be fair, ODY-C thrives in its weirdness, so I doubt that had anything to do the hour or level of tiredness I felt while reading it.
- While Fraction’s script is no slouch, Christian Ward’s art steals the show in this book.
- It’s trippy and psychadelic, reality-warping and brutal.
- This volume is rife with brutality; that should not be a surprise given the source material, but Fraction and Ward do not shy away from it at all.
- Turns out, Fraction wasn’t joking about slipping Moby Dick into ODY-C.
If you liked the first arc of ODY-C, odds are you’ll enjoy the second. You definitely need to start from the beginning, though.
- ODY-C, Vol. 2: Sons of the Wolf (#6-10)
- ODY-C: Cycle One (#1-12)
Writer: Matt Fraction | Artist: Christian Ward | Letterer: Chris Eliopoulos | Flatter: Dee Cunniffe | Editor: Lauren Sankovitch | Designers: Christian Ward, Drew Gill