Everyone’s favorite terrible cops are back, and things are getting out of hand….
- Roy’s dead actress troubles continue as everyone questions whether he killed her.
- C’mon, what’s the likelihood he actually had something to do with…oh, wait, maybe there’s something to that idea.
- Meanwhile, Mac and Pretzel are TSA Heroes; so Mac’s in over his head.
- This arc leans hard into the darker side of being dark comedy; there are still laughs to be had, but some of them are cringe-inducing and uncomfortable.
- Steve Leiber and Ryan Hill’s art remains expressive and fluid, with some really dingy, gross detail work when needed.
The Fix is still a good, good book. It dances back and forth on the line between laugh-out-loud funny and uncomfortable snickering. If you liked the first arc, odds are you’ll continue to enjoy the book.
- The Fix, Vol. 2: Laws, Paws & Flaws (#5-8)
Writer: Nick Spencer | Artist: Steve Lieber | Colorist: Ryan Hill | Letterer/Designer: Ironbark