In 2015, The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl began. Then, it ended. Then, it began again. It was a strange year for people who maintain databases containing comic book information. But a good year for Doreen Green.
- Squirrel Girl spends most of this trade in the past, fighting Doctor Doom*.
- Also, she’s a second year Computer Science major now, so she has more CS tricks up her sleeve when squirrels aren’t the answer to her problems.
- No, really, this one has problems she can’t throw squirrels at.
- Like Howard the Duck being kidnapped (along with Beast, Rocket, Weapon II, and a gray version of the cat from We3) and hunted for sport!
- This turn of events gets Zdarsky and Quinones in my Squirrel Girl.
- Or, it gets North, Henderson, and Renzi in my Howard the Duck.
- In either case, the crossover will quack you up.
- And the art is so much better than that bad duck pun I just made!
The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl gets better and better as it goes. You could jump on here if you want, but I say go back to Volume One.
*Doom makes some good points about Phillips head screws and their tendencies to strip. Anyone who has ever heard my feelings on reusing old Phillips head screws will know that I agree with Doom on this matter.
- Squirrel Girl, Vol. 3: Squirrel You Really Really Got Me Now (#1-6, Howard the Duck #6)
Credits - The Unbeatable Squirrel Girl #1-6
Writer: Ryan North with Chip Zdarsky (6) | Artist: Erica Henderson | Colorist: Rico Renzi | Trading Card Artists: Joe Morris (1), Matt Digges (2), David Robins (2), Chip Zdarsky (2, 6), Doc Shaner (3) | Van Art: Joe Quinones (6) | Letterers: VC’s Clayton Cowles (1, 2, 4), Travis Lanham (3, 5, 6) | Covers, Erica Henderson with Joe Quinones (6) | Assistant Editor: Chris Robinson | Editor: Wil Moss
Credits - Howard the Duck #6
Writer: Chip Zdarsky with Ryan North | Artist: Joe Quinones | Inkers: Joe Rivera, Mark Deering, Joe Quinones | Colorists: Joe Quinones with Jordan Gibson | Letterer: VC’s Travis Lanham | Cover: Joe Quinones with Erica Henderson | Assistant Editor: Charles Beacham | Editor: Wil Moss