Today’s entry is another follow-up. I suspect that the further we get into the year, the more of these will pop up. This time, it’s DC Comics Bombshells’s second arc, “Combat.”
- “Combat” moves out of the introduction phase and starts bringing groups of characters together.
- The undead Nazi threat starts to creep out from the shadows.
- The dynamic between Batwoman, Catwoman, and Lex Luthor is delightfully weird.
- Bunny Constantine!
- There are some cool things in this arc’s art, including use of propaganda image in the Stargirl/Supergirl pages to visualize their role in the Russian military.
- This is a fun book starring mostly women characters, made mostly by women creators, that’s worth checking out if you like Otherworlds-style stories.
- DC Comics Bombshells, Vol. 1: Enlisted (#1-6)
Writer: Marguerite Bennett | Artists: Bilquis Evely, Mirka Andolfo, Laura Braga, Ming Doyle, Sandy Jarrell, M.L. Sanapo, Marc Deering | Colorists: Wendy Broome, Doug Garbark, Kelly Fitzpatrick | Letterer: Wes Abbott