It’s time to check back in with DC’s Green Arrow ongoing. If you want to brush up on what I thought of its first collection, go right ahead.
Overall, I really dug the second trade:
- We get two issues each of Emiko being awesome, Ollie and Dinah on an island relaxing and punching people together, and the two of them and Diggle fighting an assassin on a train.
- Snarky, politically conscious Oliver is my favorite Oliver. I am glad to see his return.
- The Green Arrow/Black Canary relationship dynamic has settled into being less antagonist and more productive.
- There’s a trick arrow appearance!
- The the art is bright and stylized. Even though each of the three arcs has a different artist with a distinct style, their work don’t seem out of place next to each other.
- The individual mini-arcs let each artist play well to his skills.
- Green Arrow, Vol. 2: Island of Scars (#6-11)
Writer: Benjamin Percy | Artists: Stephen Byrne, Otto Schmidt, Juan Ferreyra | Letterer: Nate Piekos of Blambot